PBL Level I General Information:
PBL Level I projects are designed as group/team projects. These topics are directly aligned to the core subject's curriculum.
- Math, English, and Social Studies' students will complete one PBL Level 1 project in each semester (Total two PBL Level 1 projects per year).
- Science Students will complete two PBL projects in each semester (total four projects per year).
- Students will be required to produce a Video Presentation for one of the PBL projects completed in Math and Science class each semester. Students may choose to prepare a video presentation for other projects as well.
- Producing Video Presentation in Social Studies and English subjects will be optional. However, teacher may include these as an extra credit assignment.
- WeVideo is highly recommended for creating PBL Level I video presentation. This decision was made based on the following factors: The ease of use, seamless integration of WeVideo with Gmail and Google Drive, being an internet-based software without the need of installation, and the ability to work with Chromebooks.
- Students should save these video presentation on Google Drive folders or upload it to YouTube for future reference.
- Free Video Download for background music
Sample HS PBL Level I Video Presentations:
Student Product 1: HS Science PBL level I Digital Report:
Student Product 2: HS Science PBL Level I Video Presentation:
Use following rubric to create PBL Level I Digital Video Presentation for STEM Courses:
Video presentation must include text to explain each steps or voice narration. It should also have a soft background music. Create a Wevideo or create a PPT, then convert it to a video. It is highly recommended to post PBL Level I video to YouTube once completed.
Additional information about video production:
But please do not use slides of texts without any media (photo or movie), make sure you have related picture(s) for each slide.
STUDENT TRAINING MATERIALS